Alsapan is committed to meeting the needs of the present without compromising those of future generations*.
Eco-responsibility has been part of Alsapan’s lifeblood for some decades now.
- We use panels made from roundwood: small-diameter logs, branches, rejected logs and also recycled wood and by-products such as woodchips from other industries working with wood, including sawmills, carpentry shops and furniture manufacturers.
- A lot of our energy we produce ourselves by burning our waste products
*Definition taken from the Brundtland report
Alsapan is a family-run company boasting a long history in the wood business and with a long-term management vision. The company has a strong financial base and a robust capex program, but also a strong tradition of placing the workforce at the centre of corporate development.
Alsapan sets out to raise its employees’ standard of living:
- by ongoing improvement in working conditions
- by offering employees an extensive training programme
- by paying a fair wage
- Alsapan products are highly affordable and have created some 800 jobs in France.
Alsapan’s innovation policy sets out to bring down raw material consumption and use less energy:
- Alsapan produces its own energy through solar panels placed on its factories’ roofs.
- It keeps strict track of emissions, in line with French law.
- Alsapan’s design process covers the whole of the product life-cycle.
- The wood in all the panels used by Alsapan is FSC® or PEFC™-certified.
- In 2015, Alsapan began the process for ISO 50001 certification (energy management).